question

Mark Markus avatar image
Mark Markus asked mary-community-moderator commented

Delay to greetings after caller selects extension voicemail box

I just set up my voicemail boxes with several "message only extension" group mailboxes with custom greetings which are accessible from the main company greeting (which is also a custom greeting--caller presses "1", "2", or "3", etc.). There is a long delay between the caller selecting one of the extensions and when that extension's greeting plays. It is almost 10 seconds, which seems unusually long to me.

Is there any way to shorten that delay?

voicemail greeting
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Mark Markus, is the extension's greeting customized?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Markus avatar image Mark Markus mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

The issue can be because of how the greeting was recorded. Please try to have the extension re-record the custom greeting. Here's a KB article on uploading or customizing an extension's voicemail greeting.

https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/phone/call-handling-forwarding/setting-up-voicemail-greeting.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mark Markus avatar image
Mark Markus answered

That's not it. I recorded all the greetings and edited them with a .wav file editor so that there is no space in front of the greeting.

1 |3000

Mark Markus avatar image
Mark Markus answered mary-community-moderator commented

I figured it out. It was the file size I was uploading. Changed it to an mp3 and now it works fine. Thanks!

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for letting us know how your issue was fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app