question

Egor Teplyakov avatar image
Egor Teplyakov asked Egor Teplyakov answered

How to get recording type audio/x-wav?

Hi!

According to this page (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Recordings/listCallRecordingData) API allow to download .wav files. But I can't find any settings or query parameters to specify that I want to receive .wav files, not mp3.

I found this old topic, but looks like it solution is deprecated:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Convert-RingCentral-On-demand-Call-Recording-Waveform-File-Format.html

Can anyone help with it please?

screenshot-2022-02-23-193156.png

rest apideveloper sandboxcall recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Egor Teplyakov commented

Grab the recording id, then call this endpoint to get the content details.

You can get the recording id or the uri from the response of this endpoint .

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Egor Teplyakov avatar image Egor Teplyakov commented ·

Unfortunately this endpoint return only .mp3 recording (audio/mpeg content type).

My question about how download exactly .wav file.1645698802765.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1645698802765.png (9.2 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Egor Teplyakov commented ·

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding your question.

There is a setting somewhere in the account to specify the call recording and voicemail content type. I am not sure if that feature is still supported or not. But you can ask your RingCentral account manager or contact customer service for help.

1 Like 1 ·
Egor Teplyakov avatar image
Egor Teplyakov answered

If anyone need the answer: Possibility to download .wav is available only in production environment.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys