question

lee-l12187 avatar image
lee-l12187 asked Aaron 1450 commented

how can I send a vcard to iphone?

I can send vcard (vcf) files to android phones and they work perfectly. When I send to iphone users the file just appears as a text file.

What I have tried:

I created a vcard in outlook, saved it as a vcf and sent it to android and iphone. It worked on android but not on iphone.

I forwarded a contact from my android phone to iphone and that worked fine - one click to add to contacts on iphone.

I forwarded that vcf that worked on iphone over to my ringcentral phone. Downloaded the vcf and sent the same file back to the iphone and it broke again.

This tells me something about how ringcentral is handling vcf makes iphone not like it - but android has this figured out.

This feature is critical, prospects that save our contacts on their phone have a 30%+ higher buying tendency. It helps clear spam blockers for email when it is a recognized contact. It helps for picking up the phone when we call - spam blockers, etc etc.

Help! Maybe there is another method to text a contact to iphone?

sms and text messaging
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert102244 avatar image robert102244 commented ·

Hello,

Is there any update on this? When will this be fixed?

1 Like 1 ·
robert102244 avatar image robert102244 commented ·

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

1 Like 1 ·
Aaron 1450 avatar image Aaron 1450 robert102244 commented ·

Hello, this should be something of upmost importance. A customer having our contact information saved is literally what ring central should be about.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@lee-l I'm digging information on your concern.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Granger avatar image Robert Granger commented ·

Yes, I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to send a vcard from RC to iphone users and it not appear as a text file on the receiving iphone. Would be nice to have some support on how to accomplish this within the RC platform.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeff-grillion13389 avatar image jeff-grillion13389 commented ·

How has this not been answered yet? Its RingCentral that is causing the issue, because we can send Vcards find from Apple to Droid or from Droid to Apple but you can NOT Send a Vcard from your RC Business phone to a client that has an APPLE Phone. You would have to do it from your personal cell phone which is against every companies policy. Cmon RingCentral!!! Can you please figure this out?

0 Likes 0 ·
Aaron 1450 avatar image Aaron 1450 jeff-grillion13389 commented ·

Question Jeff, how were you able to send a vcard to an andriod? I have tried several times and it comes up as a txt file

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Phil Delgado commented

Hi @lee-l iOS doesn't support vCard, but I made a research and these tips here may help.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee-l12187 avatar image lee-l12187 commented ·

Hi Mary, thank you for the link. Do you know why Android is able to send a vcf contact to ios? The same file passing through Ringcentral does not work but directly texted from Android to ios seems to work fine. I tried editing the vcard file to be version 3 and making sure F and FN were on the file but that did not work.

0 Likes 0 ·
lee-l12187 avatar image lee-l12187 commented ·

I sent a contact from iphone to ringcentral, it came across as .vcard and would not download on the softphone PC app and gave an error. On the ringcentral android app it did allow me to download the .vcard file. When I sent that .vcard file BACK to the iphone it did not work. It is odd to me that Android can send vcard files to an iphone but Ringcentral cannot. I tried several of your methods including changing the version of the file, changing the extension from .vcf to .vcard. Nothing seemed to work when sending from Ringcenrtral.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ lee-l12187 commented ·

Hi @lee-l, this feature is not available for iOS users, would you please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal so that our Product Team can check on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Delgado avatar image Phil Delgado mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This is a tremendous disappointment. How can a business utilize a phone/text communication platform where we cannot share an outlook contact (vCard)? And "submit a request", c'mon, has no one seriously thought about the necessity of this capability previously? We must have a solution asap. Thank You

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app