question

James Anders avatar image
James Anders asked Tracy Ball commented

After Update, clients can't hear me talking

So yesterday it was working fine. Today I update the app and my callers can't hear me. Its not the phone as I can use it as expected for all other calls. Please help, Community (I would ask RingCentral but we all know how that works out for us)

voicemail
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi James, have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

0 Likes 0 ·
James Anders avatar image James Anders mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I have not. It says that it will delete all my data if I delete the app. This is not my fault and I will lose all my data? Come on RC.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Anders avatar image James Anders mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I just now did it. Did not solve the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ James Anders commented ·

Please submit a ticket to Tech Support here so they can troubleshoot the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tracy Ball avatar image Tracy Ball commented ·

This issue is the same for 3 of my users, they are all reporting their microphones are not working during a video meeting. Their phone is working with no mic issues. In the Video Settings, I have adjusted their mics to system default and held test video meetings, but nothing happened - the mic still does not work.

Here is the RC Version: 22.1.21.349 Web, 22.1.20.2759 Windows

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tracy Ball commented ·

@Tracy Ball Please submit a ticket to Tech Support, too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tracy Ball avatar image Tracy Ball Tracy Ball commented ·

Today, I uninstalled the desktop app and reinstalled it. This is the current version: Version: 22.1.21.349 Web, 21.3.31.1930 Windows.

I started a video meeting with another ring central user, but the mic still did not work. The mic does work when using the phone though.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Cavan Mclellan avatar image
Cavan Mclellan answered

Hi I assume you're using the Mobile App and not the desktop one.

If you are using an iPhone, I would start by verifying that microphone access hasn't been revoked. Go to Settings, scroll to and tap RingCentral, and verify that the microphone slider is set to "On".

Next I would try changing the calling mode from within the app. Open the ring Central app, tap your profile in the top left, and then tap phone. Under calling mode, try switching from direct dial to RingOut.

Lastly I would try changing the direct dial data to wifi or carrier minutes. This setting is right below the previous.

The Quality of service tab in the Ring Central Analytics portal may give you some insight as well.

Best of luck!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app