question

Jay Manske avatar image
Jay Manske asked Embbnux Ji answered

Is there a way to turn off the ringer in RingCentral for Hubspot?

I just downloaded the new RingCentral for HubSpot extension for Chrome. Now I am getting 2 ringers, one from the RingCentral MVP desktop app, and another from the chrome extension. We used to be able to mute the HubSpot tab to get rid of the 2nd ringer, but that is no longer working. Chrome has a feature, "Control your music, videos, and more" where you can pause the audio ringer for the extension in the browser, but it returns with the next call. Is there a way to permanently disable the ringer in this extension?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi @Jay Manske You can set calling mode into "Call with RingCentral app" in Calling Settings.
And I want to check which extension are you using, this official chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-hubspot/dogdgmomajhncdopjdijiabedklfampi?hl=en-US rr community app from https://github.com/ringcentral/hubspot-embeddable-ringcentral-phone/releases ?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jay Manske avatar image
Jay Manske answered

I am using the official Chrome extension. Unfortunately, I do not see calling mode or Calling Settings at all within the Chrome extension.

1 |3000

Scott Snyder avatar image
Scott Snyder answered

Can you PLEASE update the extension to allow us to disable the ringer. As Jay said, we don't need TWO ringers simultaneously ringing upon call receipt. Please do this asap - it is obnoxious.

1 |3000

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi @Scott Snyder @Jay Manske Sorry for mistake. Calling Setting is only supported at official chrome extension now. It is supported only at community extension. For now with official chrome extension, you can off ringtone of RingCentral app.
Calling setting feature is on backlog, but not ETA now.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys