question

James Smith avatar image
James Smith asked James Smith commented

How do you pull data for all users within an account?

Please forgive any ignorance on my end as I am very new to the RingCentral platform

We have a need to pull all account data for our institution from RingCentral and I have found an API provided that pulls account data. However, this only pulls data for a specific given account and we need to do a "wide open" pull of all accounts. I have seen some evidence that this ability is in the works. Is that true? Is there a workaround, or another preferred method to pull all accounts?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered James Smith commented

In RingCentral, account is a company and extensions (users) are employees under that account (think of employees in a company). You are wrote all accounts, I guess that you meant all extensions, right?

To read account info, call this API

To read all extensions info, call this API and you may need to read each extension individually to get more details, call this API

Hope this helps!

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

James Smith avatar image James Smith commented ·

Thank you and yes it does. It looks like I had my terminology mixed up. Do you happen to know where I could find the accountId for a sandbox account? I do not see it in the admin console

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ James Smith commented ·

If you read an extension, you will find the account id in the account object in the response.

When calling a RingCentral API, you don't need to explicitly specify the account id or the extension id, you can use the tilde ~ then the platform will recognize the value based on the access token granted for that user (the user which call the API). E.g.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/[accountId]

//Can be called as
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/
0 Likes 0 ·
James Smith avatar image James Smith Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you so much for your help! I apologize for my delayed response. After successfully calling the above APIs in Postman I had to quickly transition to produce the same results in SnapLogic I have been working on calling the mentioned APIs in the SnapLogic platform. This may be out of scope for this thread, but I have successfully authenticated through SnapLogic, however I am getting a permission error when I try to call the extension APIs in SnapLogic. The message states that the needed permission for the endpoint is EditAccount (which doesn't even appear to be an option), but as you can see the documentation indicates that ReadAccount is what is needed and that is currently what I have. Would you, or anyone, have any insight into this message? I am also reaching out in the SnapLogic Community because of the fact that this endpoint works perfectly fine in Postman.

Thanks again for all your help,

James

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys