question

karen-inman avatar image
karen-inman asked mary-community-moderator commented

Distinguish between calls missed because user is on phone vs. not answered

We are using the new LOB analytics page and liking what we see. One question that we want to answer is when a call is missed (unanswered/goes to voicemail), was the person on another call at the time that they did not answer. How can we find this information?

analytics and reportingcall logs
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

karen-inman avatar image karen-inman commented ·

Mary,

Thank you for your response. While that clarifies the distinction between missed and unanswered calls, it does not answer the question we are trying to get to. We want to know if a call was not answered BECAUSE the person being called was on another call. How can we answer that question?

Thanks,

Karen

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ karen-inman commented ·

Are you referring to a direct call to an extension or from Call Queue?

0 Likes 0 ·
karen-inman avatar image karen-inman mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Direct call to an extension (or direct transfer to that extension)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered karen-inman commented

Unanswered refers to calls not answered by users.

Missed - Calls that rang to max time/rings as per the setup and was not answered by the user.

For more information, you may check the link below or the guide of LOB Analytics beta.

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/guides/LOBAnalytics.pdf

Please mark my answer as accepted if this information helped. Thank you!

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

karen-inman avatar image karen-inman commented ·

Mary, I appreciate that response, but I am trying to identify call that were not answered because the person was on another call at the time the new call came in. We have a number of our staff with low answer rates and would like an easy way to identify if this is because they were already on the phone with another member or if they just did not answer the call. This is cumbersome to check for multiple users and multiple calls across the organization.

0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-pina10780 avatar image
benjamin-pina10780 answered

Idk if there is a metric that will tell you this information automatically, but I always just look at the time of the call compared to the user(s) call logs to see if they were on a call at that point in time. It's easy enough to do to check one or two users, but it'd be a pain to check a big organization.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app