question

Gary Liuzzo avatar image
Gary Liuzzo asked Phong Vu commented

Service Temporary Unavailable

This happens randomly, but I have one user that is having problems authenticating, they were on a call on their softphone (ringcentral phone app) hung up, next call said to switch to another device, she logged out of our application, cleared her token, and now when trying to authenticate through our app/api calls she gets the following. Any idea/direction/experience would be helpful as this is not the first time we have had issues with this.

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Connection: keep-alive

LocalHostInfo: xx.xx.xx.xx_13878@sjc01-c01-csg13.c01.ringcentral.com

RCRequestId: 09071e90-a5fd-11ec-82c7-0050568daae7

X-ERROR-ID: 09071e90-a5fd-11ec-82c7-0050568daae7

X-Rate-Limit-Group: medium

X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 40

X-Rate-Limit-Remaining: 39

X-Rate-Limit-Window: 60

RoutingKey: SJC01P13

Retry-After: 40

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 14:17:56 GMT

Server: nginx

Content-Type: application/json

}

Content: {"errorCode":"CMN-201","message":"Service Temporary Unavailable","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-201","message":"Service Temporary Unavailable"}]}

Request:

Method: POST, RequestUri: 'https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StringContent, Headers:

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Gary Liuzzo commented

Thank you for reporting the problem! I could replicate the issue with my production account. The problem is reported and being investigated by the engineering team.

Please stay tuned.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gary Liuzzo avatar image Gary Liuzzo commented ·

Thank you, will look forward to seeing what they say

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Hi all,

If your webhook subscription worked before and fails with this error "Service Temporary Unavailable" now. The cause could be the "expiresIn" value is too big. Just reduce the value to e.g. 7776000 (90 days) and try again. We will update the API reference to reflex the new max value soon.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Subscriptions/createSubscription

4 comments
1 |3000

Gary Liuzzo avatar image Gary Liuzzo commented ·

I presume you are referring to this "expiresIn":630720000}

0 Likes 0 ·
Gary Liuzzo avatar image Gary Liuzzo Gary Liuzzo commented ·

I guess my next question, out of my 100 users why would it just pick on one user randomly with that value set the way it is currently?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Gary Liuzzo commented ·

Do other users subscribe for new subscription today? This happens to new subscriptions only. Also, the documentation shows different values for different type of events and I have not checked the differences yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Gary Liuzzo commented ·

Correct.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys