question

Paul TMshipping avatar image
Paul TMshipping asked Phong Vu answered

Unexpected SMS API problem

Hello,

can anyone help me with this issue: after almost a year of using my RC APP ( API for SMS ) just an hour ago i keep getting this error: "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [OutboundSMS] have to be granted to the authorized user."

Are there were any recent changes to API or permissions for apps ?

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is your app client id and the extension id who was authenticated?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul TMshipping avatar image Paul TMshipping Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Here it please: OrDSt-oNRLG_0it35Ya_ng , my extension is 101

I'm using RC API portal which get authentication from my apps directly via the interface https://i.vgy.me/5l92oI.png, to test this out and get error anyways https://i.vgy.me/yYkDaT.png which is saying that the problem is on my account, not my code.

The thing is that my sandbox credentials did not get any error and are able to send SMS messages.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I just check and get informed that due to SMS spam detection, your account's phone number is suspended and that is why you are not able to send SMS messages anymore from the account. Please contact your RingCentral account manager or open a customer support ticket from here.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys