question

Noah Preszler avatar image
Noah Preszler asked Yatin Gera Deactivated answered

How do I list call queue members for hundreds of call queues in a short period of time without running into the request rate limit?

I'm using the API to Get Call Queue Members for all the call queues. However, some of my clients have a lot of call queues (600+), so I'm hitting the request limit, and can't pull them all within a reasonable amount of time. It looks like the API doesn't allow batch requests for Get Call Queue Members.

What would you recommend?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Yatin Gera avatar image
Yatin Gera Deactivated answered

How about
1. Get the call queue members once every morning and store them in a local cache/ database. Use the data from this cache throughout the day to get the details you want.
2. Depending on your use case, you can run this process of syncing the members more than once a day
3. You might have to implement a batch process at your end to make limited calls per minute so that the rate limit is not exceeded

P.S - The catch is that if a new member is added to the queue, you might not be notified since I did not find any notification event that delivers such information

Could you share more details on what do you do with the queue member data and your use-case around that?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys