question

Himanshu Patel avatar image
Himanshu Patel asked mary-community-moderator answered

Set auto forwarding when any user on call

In ringcentral admin we create multiple users & all have same numbers.

So when dial any number than ringing to all users but when any user on call than i want to stop new call for that user.

So how can i configure that in admin panel or any handling event for that?

call forwarding
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yatin Gera avatar image Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

Since this question is nothing to do with developers or the APIs, it belongs to the customer space.
I am moving it there for better reach and hopefully you should get an answer to this

0 Likes 0 ·
Himanshu Patel avatar image Himanshu Patel Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

Please provide any reference for that. i check custom answering rules but there is no features like that https://support.ringcentral.com/article/How-to-access-the-advanced-call-handling-feature.html

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Himanshu Patel, I would like to clarify. Where would you like the calls to be forwarded if the receiver/user is in a call?

0 Likes 0 ·
Himanshu Patel avatar image Himanshu Patel mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes we create multiple users with extension. so when any user busy than forward to all other users.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Himanshu Patel commented ·

Do you mean to ring all the other users at the same time?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

I can recommend creating a Call Queue in simultaneous order and assigning the extensions that need to ring. Then you can configure in the user settings to go to that call queue instead of voicemail. However, it will still ring the user before connecting on the Call Queue.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10514-call-queue-set-up-call-handling-how-calls-transferred-group-members.html#Simultaneous

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app