question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked Phong Vu commented

Why can I not retrieve most call recordings from RingCentral API?

I seem to be having a problem retrieving recorded calls from the RingCentral API for a single customer. Here is an example:


Call log rec:

{
  "id": "H0U8F6L_Ow1jzUA",
  "uri": "https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2899077020/call-log/H0U8F6L_Ow1jzUA?view=Detailed",
  "sessionId": "378036522032",
  "type": "Voice",
  ...
  "recording": {
    "id": "1160323997032",
    "uri": "https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2899077020/recording/1160323997032",
    "type": "Automatic",
    "contentUri": "https://media.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2899077020/recording/1160323997032/content"
  },
  ...
}


Url:

https://media.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/2899077020/recording/1160323997032/content

Response:

{
  "errorCode" : "CMN-102",
  "message" : "Resource for parameter [callRecordingId] is not found",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "CMN-102",
    "message" : "Resource for parameter [callRecordingId] is not found",
    "parameterName" : "callRecordingId"
  } ],
  "parameterName" : "callRecordingId"
}

Request:

Authorization = Bearer [Auth token here...]
Accept = application/json
Host = media.ringcentral.com
Connection = Keep-Alive

Response:

Connection = keep-alive
RCRequestId = 9f89bf92-ac19-11ea-b8c0-005056af128c
RoutingKey = SJC01P15PAS08
Content-Language = en-US
X-Rate-Limit-Group = heavy
X-Rate-Limit-Limit = 20
X-Rate-Limit-Remaining = 19
X-Rate-Limit-Window = 60
Content-Length = 305
Content-Type = application/json;charset=utf-8
Date = Thu, 11 Jun 2020 19:27:44 GMT
Server = nginx



I have talked to the customer, and they have verified that for this particular call, the recording is visible and playable from their RingCentral portal. However, when our system goes to retrieve the recording via the api, we get the results above. Could this be a permissions issue? This is one example, but we see this happening numerous times across this account, and we are only able to retrieve approx 10% of all their recorded calls. With the other 90%, we get the results above.


phoneapicall log
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Saying "cannot retrieve most call recordings ..." do you mean the exact same code works for some recordings and fails on certain recordings?

2 comments
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Correct, it works on some.

0 Likes 0 ·

In this case, I recommend you open a support ticket as solving this problem would require deep investigation with some sensitive account information.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

  • On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys