question

Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP avatar image
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP asked Butch Amadio commented

Fax only account, can't send faxes or add email addresses

We have a fax-only account, with up to 25 users able to send faxes via email. We hired a new person today, and when I went to add them to the list through 'outbound fax settings', the list of email addresses isn't there. How can I add new users? Also, possibly related, it seems that outgoing email faxes aren't going. Two of us tried. Nothing showed up in outbox or sent, no confirmations were received. It was working last week. Any ideas?

fax
54 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andre Burton avatar image Andre Burton commented ·

I am seeing the same problem, although on my end nobody that was there on the list before can fax anymore from their email

rc-issue.png

1 Like 1 ·
rc-issue.png (36.7 KiB)
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP avatar image Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP Andre Burton commented ·

Yup. Our previously authorized users are unable to send, which is currently a bigger problem (though I'm guessing it's all the same problem) than not being able to add the new people!

1 Like 1 ·
Debbie Rhodes avatar image Debbie Rhodes commented ·

Mary- When I try and fill out the new case page, it won't let me select the time zone, communication preference, product, category or priority level...... All of these boxes just stay RED, and nothing will fill in.... How am I supposed to open a case if I can't complete the form? We REALLY need this situation fixed!!! THAKN YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Debbie Rhodes commented ·

Can you please try to clear cache and cookies? If still the same, try to use incognito.

0 Likes 0 ·
Debbie Rhodes avatar image Debbie Rhodes mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Neither option works, and I tried it on two different systems.... beyond frustrating -- if a client needs service, we should not have to jump thru hoops of fire to get it....

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Gaspy Infusion Services Inc. avatar image Gaspy Infusion Services Inc. commented ·

Hi, we are also experiencing this issue. Multiple faxes were sent on Friday and Today and no confirmation email has been received, and we are unable to view or configure any Fax to Email settings for any extensions under the "Outbound Fax Settings" tab. No addresses can be added or removed as the settings are not there- and the live agent chat support appears to be overwhelmed with other users when we request help for this issue.

1 Like 1 ·
eric-willinsky avatar image eric-willinsky Gaspy Infusion Services Inc. commented ·

Exact same issue. Support is MIA for this it seems.

1 Like 1 ·
Amber Beckenhauer avatar image Amber Beckenhauer commented ·

Case number 15079234.

Please check ASAP.

1 Like 1 ·
Tydings Rosenberg avatar image Tydings Rosenberg commented ·

Case 15088527 24 hours old. SPF and DKIM are enabled and verified. Please have support re enable. Thank you

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered Butch Amadio commented

Hi Debbie,
My apologies. The issue here is that email can be spoofed unless it has the appropriate policies set up. This means someone could send emails impersonating your email address, either to spam individuals, or to potentially defraud them.

For this reason we enforce a security policy to ensure the emails are coming from you, and not someone pretending to be you (again impersonating your actual email address). If we allowed these to go through, a malicious actor could potentially send faxes from your account without you realizing it (even more dangerous as they are not only able to use your email address, but if we allowed this, your fax number).

Please talk to your IT administrator or the person who manages your email to have these critical security measures set up. Once you do, we will be able to re-enable email to fax, and your email overall will be much more secure and will prevent malicious actors from impersonating your email address.

I hope this helps,
Mike

14 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP avatar image Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP commented ·

That makes sense, but being unable to send faxes is a lousy way to find out about the policy. Really should have been some advance warning about this. I can't find any kind of email or message about it at all. Normally when a provider is making a change that is going to have catastrophic impact on a service, there are multiple warnings and clear notifications. RingCentral is very efficient at notifying me if my credit card has expired, but didn't mention they were about to cripple our service. Now we're stuck without fax capability for a week or more while we monitor DMARC settings, or we have to risk delivery issues by implementing DMARC without testing.

2 Likes 2 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP commented ·

I completely understand, and please accept my apologies. I'm looking into this more, and our team will be in contact with you directly to try and help find a resolution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lorna Fitzgerald avatar image Lorna Fitzgerald Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

Same here we cannot operate without this function. Ticket 15090245

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Megan DiTolla avatar image Megan DiTolla commented ·

So you shutdown multiple people's faxes in the US without any warning???? You really think that is a legally sound option? Just eliminate the services that we pay for without any warning? I suggest you fix this immediately. We have appropriate security in place, so I am not buying this explanation.

2 Likes 2 ·
Bill Fife avatar image Bill Fife commented ·

So Mike - Once these settings are established for our domain, how (opening new cases isn't possible) and to whom should we notify that all is done?

1 Like 1 ·
Butch Amadio avatar image Butch Amadio commented ·

Mike - do you have a solution for your customers who were already successfully using DKIM? We enabled DKIM just under 2 years ago and haven't had any problems with any provider since then, and Ring Central only started blocking them yesterday.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Butch Amadio commented

Hi everyone! The Community Team is working with Support, and we gathered your accounts. We can see your cases, and we will follow up to make sure they're working on them. Keep coming in the comment section, and please make sure that before reaching out to Support, you have already checked if your email domain complied with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Check more info about it HERE.

16 comments
1 |3000

eric-willinsky avatar image eric-willinsky commented ·

As a work around for some users, I installed the Desktop App and saved the login info so they don't have to enter it in each time. They can fax from their account and Transmission Results come into email boxes that have the reply email set up. It's a work around at least but not a great one.

3 Likes 3 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ eric-willinsky commented ·

Thanks for sharing, @eric-willinsky!

0 Likes 0 ·
zkv1 avatar image zkv1 commented ·

Please monitor my cases too, 15096897 and 15094547.

1 Like 1 ·
Megan DiTolla avatar image Megan DiTolla commented ·

Mary, is there someone we can call to get this fixed in a timely manner? This is beyond frustrating. Are you planning to refund all of our accounts for lost time?

1 Like 1 ·
Tydings Rosenberg avatar image Tydings Rosenberg commented ·

There is no need for us to comply with DMARC for a sending issue. DMARC is an inbound filtering technology that requires very careful planning and filtering. If anything I can see that RC wants your account to have SPF and DKIM on. Do not set DMARC on unless you understand and monitor the results over time.

1 Like 1 ·
Debbie Rhodes avatar image Debbie Rhodes commented ·

Our faxes have worked today! And the list of permission emails are back on our outbound fax settings page- I hope this is a permanent fix! Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
zkv1 avatar image zkv1 Debbie Rhodes commented ·

Did you have to do anything or go through any extra steps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Debbie Rhodes avatar image Debbie Rhodes zkv1 commented ·

I did not--- clearly RingCentral did something on their end..... Our domain and email is hosted with GoDaddy, but I never called them yesterday, we just have too much going on, so I am thankful someone did something at RingCentral!

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app