question

Travis Conway avatar image
Travis Conway asked mary-community-moderator commented

Outbound emails via email-to-fax are not being processed

I have a ticket open already but wondering if this is isolated to our organization. Emails going out via @rcfax.com appear to not be processed by RingCentral. Looking through the logs on our email servers I show the emails being received by RingCentral's SMTP server and getting back a 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as XXXXXXXX. Faxes sent via the app is working but is not an acceptable solution for us as all faxes must be archived.

fax
29 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andre Burton avatar image Andre Burton commented ·

This is also happening to mine as well, from what I am seeing. If you go in the portal for RC you'll see the options to add or remove users to send faxes no longer are there. I have also submitted a request myself and have not heard back from them. rc-issue.png

1 Like 1 ·
rc-issue.png (36.7 KiB)
Travis Conway avatar image Travis Conway Andre Burton commented ·

I see those options are missing from ours as well. Our users are sending from their primary accounts which is the email address on the user account itself. Everything appears to have been working last week but nothing today. We have a backlog of a few hundred faxes at this point and I am really hoping I don't have to ask 400 users to resubmit faxes.

1 Like 1 ·
Clawson and Staubes LLC avatar image Clawson and Staubes LLC Andre Burton commented ·

Following the outage, are you able to pull any call logs, (fax), prior to the outage? Ours appears to be gone...

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Conway avatar image Travis Conway commented ·

Support sent me back the link Mary posted. I don't remember ever receiving a notification this was coming so this is a big issue for us.

Setting up SFP, DKIM and DMARC is going to be required for email to fax to begin again. Support is stating we will need to have our domains validated before they allow faxing.

1 Like 1 ·
Travis Conway avatar image Travis Conway Travis Conway commented ·

After implementing DKIM with our email security provider and updating DNS we have had email to fax enabled on our account again. Support and Account Managers have no idea of what is actually going on and the process to get this resolved takes a very long time. There is a massive lack of communication going on here within RingCentral and to the customers.

1 Like 1 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Travis Conway commented ·

Why they couldn't just safe list a clients domain is beyond me... that's what the other 3 providers have done - and no issues. (although we already had the spf, dkim, dmarc set)

What I have had trouble with is when faxing via email fails and they say to use the RC web app - and then Support tells you that doesn't work unless you go into every users settings and put their email in the 'approved fax sender' field.

What part of 'I'm the fax sender' do we have to tell the system that already knows our email address?!?

0 Likes 0 ·
Cote_Business Systems avatar image Cote_Business Systems Travis Conway commented ·

We are having the same issue and our RC support tech (we had to contact via phone because the new-case portal is broken) is indicating/confirming that they are having a system wide issue with email-to-fax functionality.

Even if the the SFP,DKIM,DMARC were required, the list of allowed email addresses function under the "Outbound Calls/Faxes > Fax Settings" should not have disappeared.

I'll post any updates we get via our support - this is urgent for us, 80% of our users do not login to any RC account, they only use email-to-fax and currently have not been able to send any outgoing faxes for 2 - 3 days!!

1 Like 1 ·
Lorna Fitzgerald avatar image Lorna Fitzgerald Cote_Business Systems commented ·

I had tickets open and now my service is working again and I can see all users with ability to send faxes via email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP avatar image Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP Travis Conway commented ·

Yeah, that's what they told me, too. I can't find any notification about the change, and even the link they sent says "best practices", not "required or we're removing the feature from your account". And every recommendation for DMARC says to run it for a while on p=none to monitor before setting it to quarantine or block to make sure there aren't issues, so with no warning we either have to jump in and hope it works, or go another week or two without faxing while testing DMARC.

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Conway avatar image Travis Conway Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP commented ·

I agree. I asked for an extension so we can set up a maintenance period since deploying DKIM is not something that is "push and button and it works".

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Cote_Business Systems avatar image Cote_Business Systems commented ·

So after about 60+ hrs of setting up DMARC, our account was finally re-enabled to allow Email2Fax functionality. Many of our users have access to update their email addresses that are allowed to send faxes via email. What will happen when one of them enters an email address that is not setup with DMARC? For example, they could enter their own personal ISP-provided email address that could easily not have DMARC setup. Will this trigger our entire account and stop all users from being able to send email2fax again?? I need to know what is triggering this and how to manage it.

1 Like 1 ·
Debbie Rhodes avatar image Debbie Rhodes commented ·

The same thing is happening to us as well... All of my users have disappeared, and we are not able to send faxes via @rcfax.com. I cannot get a real person on the phone to assist, just told to go to the website... We have been a customer since 2015- THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Ring Central support has confirmed there is an outage and this is being escalated up.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Travis Conway commented ·

Thanks for the information, Travis. This is not yet up in the status portal. We'll wait for more updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
. . avatar image . . Travis Conway commented ·

Hi Travis, have you heard anything back from RingCentral? Any idea when the feature will be restored?

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Conway avatar image Travis Conway . . commented ·

I have not and am unable to get any response from our account manager or their supervisor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP avatar image Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP Travis Conway commented ·

Have you heard any more on this? I was just told that it's because our email domain is not DMARC compliant, no mention of an outage.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Elite DMS commented

Hi! Please refer to the same issue posted here below https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/107119/fax-only-account-cant-send-faxes-or-add-email-addr.html.

We understand your frustration with this. If you have already created a web case, our Tech Support will attend to it within 24 hours.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Mary. I have reached out to our account manager for escalation. Waiting 24 hours for this is not really acceptable.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Travis Conway commented ·

Thanks, Travis! I'll keep an eye on it, too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Elite DMS avatar image Elite DMS mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I have already been waiting more than 24hours and still do not have a resolution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered wespaul09 commented

Hi @Tydings Rosenberg,
This is not due to a service outage but rather an issue with the affected accounts that must be remedied by the account owners.

Please see https://support.ringcentral.com/au/en/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html for information on how to setup the appropriate email policies to ensure your email is secure (otherwise a malicious actor could impersonate your email to spam or defraud others).

Once you have set up the appropriate policies, support can assist in turning this feature back on for your account.

Hope this helps,
Mike

3 comments
1 |3000

wespaul09 avatar image wespaul09 commented ·

Complete and utter terrible customer service. Sending a link with over 100 pages of directions to companies that have been using this service without issue for years and providing ZERO customer service support for your new standards that hit without warning is absolutely terrible.

Great. So now I have to become an IT professional to understand this mess instead of my job in Pediatric Therapy. Perfect! Great job supporting your customers Ring Central!

1 Like 1 ·
Lorna Fitzgerald avatar image Lorna Fitzgerald commented ·

This doesnt help. I need my account back up and running asap. My ticket is 15090245

0 Likes 0 ·
Tydings Rosenberg avatar image Tydings Rosenberg commented ·

This is a service status issue. Ring Central (if verified) made a change with out warning their customers that broke email to faxing. DKIM,DMARC, and SPF is not a RFC , not mandatory, and is considered only best practice at this point. (Take a look at the article tittle for a hint) This was a security implementation choice by ring central that caused a service outage for its customers. It is now prominently displayed on the service dashboard as it should have been from day 1.

https://status.ringcentral.com/

Also please confirm this statement that should hold true.: DMARC is not required by RingCentral for email to fax. Since this is a inbound filtering technology deployed for only inbound email at my site it has nothing to do with any outbound checks or settings for RC email to fax.

Basically saying that we need DMARC on is telling us we need a spam filter. I am assuming what you guys want are DKIM to be on. And maybee SPF. (But people will run into the 10 DNS lookups when sending email through large providers)

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi everyone! The Community Team is working with Support, and we gathered your accounts. We can see your cases, and we will follow up to make sure they're working on them. Keep coming in the comment section, and please make sure that before reaching out to Support, you have already checked if your email domain complied with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Check more info about it HERE.

7 comments
1 |3000

CCAS of Hamilton General Line avatar image CCAS of Hamilton General Line commented ·

Case 15107621 - can you please enable this for us? We have DMARC enabled and yet support is just repeating itself and closing our cases. This needs to be fixed ASAP

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ CCAS of Hamilton General Line commented ·

Hi! @CCAS of Hamilton General Line, i see that your case is open and it has been escalated. I'll follow up with it and monitor within the day.

0 Likes 0 ·
CCAS of Hamilton General Line avatar image CCAS of Hamilton General Line mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It looks like they closed our ticket again, but the issue is still not resolved. We are still unable to fax or assign users

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app