question

marshall-hayes avatar image
marshall-hayes asked Gaege Rivera - 1603 answered

Why does my phone intermittently not ring when someone calls?

I use the RC mobile app on my Android phone. Sometimes when a person calls, the phone rings. Other times, nothing happens and I just get a voicemail. This has been a problem for me for 2 years now. It hasn't just happened in my current environment, but even when I was using the browser app (instead of the phone app) it would do this.

How can I get some form of reliability out of this thing? Whenever I talk to support they just call the number and it's usually a day that it's working so they just shrug me off. I'm not sure what to do.

phone not ringing
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app? Or maybe you have accidentally put your phone on DND.

0 Likes 0 ·
marshall-hayes avatar image marshall-hayes mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the suggestions. I double-checked DnD and that's not it. But I will try to reinstall the app, in case that helps. This has happened on 2 different mobile phones now though so I'm guessing this won't help =/ Still worth a shot!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Gaege Rivera - 1603 avatar image
Gaege Rivera - 1603 answered

Hi Marshall, You should check the reports and follow the calls your missing. Somewhere along your call tree may be skipping you for certain calls or looping you in to receive voicemails from missed calls.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app