question

Stan Hale avatar image
Stan Hale asked Andrew Kennedy commented

Incoming RC calls kicking me out of active Microsoft Meeting

When in a Teams meeting and receives an incoming call, I'm immediately kicked out of Teams

meetings
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

This solved the issue for me. I have a headset connected by bluetooth and this seemed to fix it. Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·

Great to hear, @Marisol Ramirez!

0 Likes 0 ·

I've not heard about this issue on a larger scale - have you opened a support case for a little troubleshooting?

0 Likes 0 ·

This does not work for me. I have a Sennheiser speaker connected to my laptop. If I am in a MS Teams call and someone calls me on Ring Central the MS Teams call automatically disconnects. I have updated the headset setting but this does not solve the problem - perhaps because it is a speaker and not a headset? Can anyone help?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Patrick Scheeler avatar image
Patrick Scheeler answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

I just had this issue with one of my users.
We had to go into the RC App Settings -> Notification and Sounds - (scroll down to the bottom) -> Headset Controls

Disabled this section. We no longer had issues with incoming RC Calls kicking us out of teams meetings. I suspect there was some issue with it working or trying to assume audio control while it's already in use by another app.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much for sharing this solution, @Patrick Scheeler!
@Stan Hale Will you let us know if the above works for you?

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the info! I'm hoping this helps for me as well!

0 Likes 0 ·

@Marisol Ramirez If the solution does work, let us know here in the comments!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app