question

Stan Hale avatar image
Stan Hale asked Bruce Lytle answered

Incoming RC calls kicking me out of active Microsoft Meeting

When in a Teams meeting and receives an incoming call, I'm immediately kicked out of Teams

meetings
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Marisol Ramirez avatar image Marisol Ramirez commented ·

This solved the issue for me. I have a headset connected by bluetooth and this seemed to fix it. Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Marisol Ramirez commented ·

Great to hear, @Marisol Ramirez!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I've not heard about this issue on a larger scale - have you opened a support case for a little troubleshooting?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Kennedy avatar image Andrew Kennedy commented ·

This does not work for me. I have a Sennheiser speaker connected to my laptop. If I am in a MS Teams call and someone calls me on Ring Central the MS Teams call automatically disconnects. I have updated the headset setting but this does not solve the problem - perhaps because it is a speaker and not a headset? Can anyone help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Patrick Scheeler avatar image
Patrick Scheeler answered Christopher Ward commented

I just had this issue with one of my users.
We had to go into the RC App Settings -> Notification and Sounds - (scroll down to the bottom) -> Headset Controls

Disabled this section. We no longer had issues with incoming RC Calls kicking us out of teams meetings. I suspect there was some issue with it working or trying to assume audio control while it's already in use by another app.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks so much for sharing this solution, @Patrick Scheeler!
@Stan Hale Will you let us know if the above works for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
Marisol Ramirez avatar image Marisol Ramirez commented ·

Thanks for the info! I'm hoping this helps for me as well!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Marisol Ramirez commented ·

@Marisol Ramirez If the solution does work, let us know here in the comments!

0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher Ward avatar image Christopher Ward Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager Hi do we know if this a known issue and disabling the headset support in RC app is the fix? I just had someone report Teams meeting crashing last week when RC call comes in and I stumbled across this article.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bruce Lytle avatar image
Bruce Lytle answered

Understand doing this process stops the Headset to control the call. So if your agent pays more money for that headset it will be wasting the money.

The fix that we found down load Plantronics Hub or Jabra and we no longer have the issue. We still have Headset Control is still enable.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app