question

Nikolai Chashchin avatar image
Nikolai Chashchin asked Embbnux Ji commented

Cannot make WebRTC Demo App or Embeddable Widget working

Hello,

I'd like to perform some platform testing and as far as I understood from the documentation either WebPhone of Embeddable Widget can be used to place calls. I created a sandbox account. When I try to use one of the above apps I end up with the error message:

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact RingCentral support

1654770293922.png

Environment i'm using:

- Chrome browser

- I'm based in Germany

- I try to use 3-legged OAuth flow authorization code

- I don't have any adblockers at my machine

- I had tried to disable Windows Defender Firewall it didn't help

Best,

Nikolai

softphone
1654770293922.png (40.9 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Is your screenshot the WebRTC phone app? Did the error happen when you set the 911 emergency address or right after you login? Your sandbox and it's phone number is in the U.S, how do you specify the address?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nikolai Chashchin avatar image Nikolai Chashchin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The screenshot is WebRTC phone app. Yes. Error happens on specifying 911 emergency address. Should I provide emergency address in US if my phone number belongs to US even if I'm ouside of US?

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered Embbnux Ji commented

Can it work now? It look like the address validation service is temporarily unavailable.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nikolai Chashchin avatar image Nikolai Chashchin commented ·

No. It doesn't work

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji Nikolai Chashchin commented ·

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin It seems that you have a phone number in US and E11 address out of country, and the E11 address out of country validation error at sandbox environment.
If you just want to try the web phone, can you try to update address to US, and test it again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji Embbnux Ji commented ·

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin we found the root cause. It is a wrong configuration at sandbox environment. Changing to US address still can't work. We will fix the configuration soon, and update to you here.
To test web phone, you can also login into here https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com/phone/recent/all The app can login successfully, and receive incoming call, but not outbound call (waiting configration fixed).

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin We found root cause is the emergency address service can't work with RingCentral App device. It is on queue to fix.
For now, you can go to https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/application/company/phones/userPhones And change the phone to Bring Your Own Device (Use an existing SIP phone / "Set up manually using SIP"). After that, you can login at web phone app.
You can also create new device, and select Existing phone.
1655715692159.png

1655715692159.png (135.3 KiB)
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys