question

joe-t10101 avatar image
joe-t10101 asked joe-t10101 answered

Sandbox call recordings not saving

My overall goal is to call someone in the sandbox, then record the call

with *9, and then retrieve the recording thru the REST API.

The task at hand is to learn how to record phone conversations in the sandbox and play them back.

I have gotten to the point where I set up 2 users successfully in the Sandbox: USER1 and USER2. I can log into each of their accounts on the web. I can even leave voice messages with each other too.

However, the call recording does not seem to work. Here is what happens. From USER1 softphone, I call USER2. After USER2 answers and the users exchange greetings, USER1 hits *9 on her softphone keypad and records the conversation that is about 2 minutes long, then hits *9 again then hangs up.

Expecting to retrieve the recorded call, USER1 logs into his account and Clicks Messages --> Recordings and nothing is there, even after a half hour of waiting.

Also, when USER1 entered *9, USER2 did not hear any alert message that the conversation was being recorded.

What am I missing? Do I need to activate *9 or something?

Thank you in advance,

Joe

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Joe,

The OnDemand call recording should be enabled by default. How fast after ending the call did you check for the recording? Can you check again. It takes some time to finish and make the recording available. You can also login https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com and check from the call-log tab for your recordings. If it is still empty, can you test recording calls by pressing the Record/Stop button on the sof-phone instead of pressing *9/*9

Let me know,
Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Go to  https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/application/company/autoReceptionist/generalSettings  You need to login with your admin account.

And there is a Call Recording section where you can set call recording options. You can check if the settings look good. If not, change the settings and try again.
1 |3000

joe-t10101 avatar image
joe-t10101 answered
It worked!  Thanks guys!  Now onward to retrieve the call recording via the REST API.  This is funner than a barrel of monkeys.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys