question

Nikolai Chashchin avatar image
Nikolai Chashchin asked Nikolai Chashchin answered

Do I need to pay to switch from the sandbox to the production account?

Hi Community,

Let's consider the following scenario: I developed a public application using sandbox account, passed graduation process and deployed it in a production environment (for this I don't have to pay). Since my application is a public one and it is not going to be used by myself (or my organization) but the RingCentral's customers I don't need to pay for my account anything as a developer (or my organization). Right?

Best,

Nikolai Chashchin

developer sandboxgraduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Correct. You only need a production account if your company need to use the app and other RingCentral services. Otherwise, since your app is a public app, other RingCentral customers need their own production account to use your app.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nikolai Chashchin avatar image
Nikolai Chashchin answered

Thanks!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys