question

Caleb Laminack avatar image
Caleb Laminack asked mary-community-moderator answered

Cannot Update Emergency Address Location

When I came into the office this Friday Morning 9/16, about a third of my users have the error that their Emergency Address was not imputed, but when they go to input our address the system does not accept the address. They get validation errors.

I have attempted as the Admin adding the address under Users: Personal Emergency Response Locations. But I get the same 'validation error' and cannot update it.

I even went to the Phones & Devices: User Phones and tried to update there, but the systems is still not accepting our address.

I all the variations of the address, but it will still not accept this.

We have not changed up updated anything system wide in months, so it makes no since why this would be an issue now.

All other attempts to contact RingCentral support have not gone through either, anyone else have success tracing this issue?

settings
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Arndt avatar image Michael Arndt commented ·

I'm having an issue where we have multiple sites that all share the same address since we work in the same office. They're all different companies. You can't add the same address for different sites and the error it gives you is vague and unhelpful. If a system can't update why doesn't it tell me WHY it can't update.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Michael Arndt commented ·

Hi @Michael Arndt; I will confirm if this is possible or not. May I know what error you are getting?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

RingCentral Operations teams have confirmed that the emergency address issue preventing outbound calls has been resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please reach out to customer care or you can submit a ticket at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Caleb, there is currently an outage with updating emergency locations that will affect your outbound calls. The Operations Team is currently investigating the issue; You may also check more details at https://status.ringcentral.com/.

1 |3000

Caleb Laminack avatar image
Caleb Laminack answered mary-community-moderator commented

Ok, after working more on this issue, I have managed to help some of my users.

First make sure they update their RC system to the most recent version.

Then after it is updated, I can do under their User profile in the Admin Portal and then manually type in a new address for their emergency address. If they are not updated I get the Validation Errors message.

This seems to be working for me.

2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for sharing this, Caleb! We'll let you know if we hear any update regarding this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Caleb Laminack, if some of your users cannot update their system, they can temporarily use the web browser version of the app until it is resolved. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

There's a new update on the outage. You may check it at https://status.ringcentral.com/.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app