question

Randy Elliott avatar image
Randy Elliott asked Phong Vu answered

Download Windows App Current Version

I'd like to write a script to install the latest version of the RingCentral app on a Windows machine -- but I don't want to have to update that script every time a new version is released. What I'd LIKE is for there to be a file, which could notionally be found at (Note: This is a fake url!)

http://ringcentral.com/downloads/Applications/Windows/RCcurrentVersion.msi

Into which RC techs would copy the most recent version. Does something like this exist?

ringcentral appinstall
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I am not sure what and why you want to achieve that. Both the RC app and the RingCentral soft phone app have built-in a feature to detect whenever there is a newer version of the app and prompts the users to upgrade their current app.

So all in all, I would say that it's not supported for a 3rd party to detect if there is a newer version available for download.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys