question

Daniel Arambula avatar image
Daniel Arambula asked Daniel Arambula answered

Multiple sequential ring groups (call queue or hunt groups) for the main line

Hello, I currently have a call queue mapped to our main line. I have 8 people in it and all phones ring simultaneously when people call the main line. What I want is to break it up in 2 groups, the first group with only 3 people in it should ring first, then of no one answers after 2 rings, then it should ring the second hunt group.

Can anyone guide me on where or how could I set this up?

Thank you,

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered

That's in the Call Queues area.

You'll need to create the additional call queues first, and then you'll be able to program it in.

In the Call Queue of the first group of 3 - Go to the Call Handling tab, and then Wait Settings. (see image)
Set the timeout for the callers, and then change the 'send caller to' to Extension. This will then be the next Call Queue. Once saved, then go back to your main IVR and point to the new 3 member queue.

That make sense?

1664984277010.png

1664984277010.png (7.5 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Daniel Arambula answered Joe Cache commented

It makes total sense, but I got stuck on "when maximum wait time is reached, send caller to" I wanted to set "extension" and thought it would ask me to enter it somewhere, but instead, my only option is "Voicemail" Any idea of what I'm missing?

can-only-send-to-vm.jpg

1 comment
1 |3000

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

Ah - I believe that has to be turned on from your account rep. Rattle their cage! (or it may be a product tier option)

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Arambula answered

Wonderful... Ok, let me check if I can have it turned on.

Thank you for your input!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app