question

Paul Watson avatar image
Paul Watson asked ryan-gosling answered

Sending and receiving messages

I have lost the ability to sending and receiving messages. One of the messages from Ring Central states: A valid Phone Number is required to send text message to recipients outside of your company, Please contact your Administrator to add a direct number to your account. Nothing has changed on my account, do you know what needs to be done?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

Most probably you need to contact Ring Central support and something needs to be done on their back-end to enable SMS again.

Why was it disabled? no idea.
The best thing you can do is go to the admin portal > More > Audit Trail and filter for your extension and search if any changes were made to your extension. Likely you won't find anything there because this issue sounds like something that only RC can solve themselves.

All of this is assuming that you actually have a direct number, and the message that gets displayed to you is wrong. I hope you know how to check this already.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app