question

Nikolai Chashchin avatar image
Nikolai Chashchin asked Phong Vu answered

Getting CMN-408 error while requesting token using Production credentials

Hi Commuinty,

I graduated my public webhook application and got client id, client secret and created JWT token for my app for production environment. But when I try to get an access token using these new production credentials I end up with an error:

{

"error" : "invalid_client",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-408",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ThirdPartyAppAccess] have to be granted to the authorized user.",

"parameters" : [ {

"parameterName" : "permissionsName",

"parameterValue" : "ThirdPartyAppAccess"

} ]

} ],

"error_description" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ThirdPartyAppAccess] have to be granted to the authorized user."

}

Since credentials that I use are for production environment, i use https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token endpoint.

I get no error if I use sandbox credentials and https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token endpoint.

The user whose JWT token is used for getting access token has Developer Admin role. In my understanding it should have "ThirdPartyAppAccess" permission.

Why I cannot get access token using production credentials for my app & user? Is that because my user belong to free account?

Best,

Nikolai Chashchin

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You should open a dev support ticket for this so some one can have a deep look at your app, account and the JWT token.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys