question

Owain Price avatar image
Owain Price asked Phong Vu commented

Receiving events from PubNub without SDK

Hello,

I am developing in a sandboxed c# environment which will not allow me to use either the RingCentral or PubNub SDKs.

I am able to make calls from my softphone and have used the create subscription command successfully, it returns the sub_key, address, etc.

I am struggling with how to receive those events from PubNub. The documentation I have found on your site references using this command to subscribe for notifications: GET http://pubsub.pubnub.com/subscribe/{subscriberKey}/{address}/{callback}/{timetoken} . Although I had to due a lot of digging, my understanding is that request should open a sustained connection which will push the notifications to me.

That command is referenced on their site: https://www.pubnub.com/docs/pubnub-rest-api-documentation#publish-subscribe-subscribe-get

I have had no success with that subscribe request with my program, curl, or postman.

Documentation outside of the SDK's is very limited. Can you please help.

Thanks,

Owain Price

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you look at the code how the RingCentral SDK implement PubNub notification and do the same?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Owain Price avatar image
Owain Price answered Owain Price edited

I have already had a look at that code. Unfortunately you are utilizing the PubNub SDK which I cannot.

Your developer site does reference an alternative method which is described at the very bottom of this page:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/notifications/manual/pubnub

It uses the PubNub REST API. Are you familiar with that? I cannot seem to make it work.

Thank you

1 |3000

Owain Price avatar image
Owain Price answered Phong Vu commented

Bump

@Phong Vu any other recommendations?

I need to be able to receive these notifications without using either sdk.

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

With this, I think you have turn to get help from PubNub or see how their SDK implemented.

0 Likes 0 ·
Owain Price avatar image Owain Price Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I did contact them initially; however, they ask me to first consult RingCentral.

I will circle back to them.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Owain Price commented ·

I am not sure if we would be able to help you. I am sure that PubNub should be able to help you with since it is their SDK and we also use their SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys