question

Tyler Ehrig avatar image
Tyler Ehrig asked Phong Vu answered

Device Status is N/A

Hello, I'm currently making a RingCentral App, Im using sandbox enviroment, the problem is that I'm making the call to the endpoint "Make a CallOut", when I insert the information to make the request, an error appears and says: Resource for parameter [deviceId] is not found.

I search the problem and I found that is from the device status, that I only need to change the status to available, and the problem is that I don't have a status, the status that exist are:

Order in progress

Outbound Calls Restricted

Pending Replacement

Why I have the status N/A? and for some reason RingCentral don't let me change the status of the device. https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/

The number is the free digital line that RingCentral offer to make sandbox tests.

screeenshot.pngscreenshot-error.png

developer sandbox
screeenshot.png (58.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Please follow the workaround instructions from this thread before starting making test calls.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys