question

Jason Prenger avatar image
Jason Prenger asked Jason Prenger commented

Is there a new equivalent for rcmobile:// deep linking on iOS?

Previously when we were using the RingCentral Phone app we could use the following url scheme to deep link and open the RingCentral Phone app.

rcmobile://call?

Since the switch to the new iOS app this url scheme no longer works. Is there an alternative deep linking scheme that would work for the new version?

I know the following is open as well but I haven't seen any update as to a resolution
https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/9598/need-an-update-to-custom-rcmobile-uri-scheme-that.html

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Jason Prenger commented

I don't have an iPhone to test, but can you try these? They work on Android.

For calling
<a target="_blank" href="glip://r/dialer?number=+1xxxx">Dial +1xxxx</a></br>
<a target="_blank" href="glip://r/call?number=+1xxxx">Call +1xxxx</a></br>
For texting
<a target="_blank" href="glip://r/sms?type=new">SMS</a></br>
<a target="_blank" href="glip://r/sms?type=new&number=+1xxxx">SMS NUMBER</a></br>
<a target="_blank" href="glip://r/sms?type=new&number=+1xxxx&content=Hello from a Web page">SMS NUMBER & TEXT</a></br>

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jason Prenger avatar image Jason Prenger commented ·

Thanks @Phong Vu this seems to have worked!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys