question

VIP ADMIN avatar image
VIP ADMIN asked Phong Vu commented

Ring Central Integration

Not an API developer

We have a server based application , Fetchit from Schultz Technology, that integrates to Ring Central and provides screen pops with CID name and number.

Since moving the site to a multi-site environment and adding a couple of new sites. The application pops call data from all sites, even thought the credentials used to authenticate are a super user limited to just to just the original site.

Software provider says it is Ring Central’s responsibility to filter the traffic

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, we need to know the way the integration was implemented and how it handles incoming calls.

But basically, a super admin would have access to other sites, NOT just the main site.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

VIP ADMIN avatar image
VIP ADMIN answered Phong Vu commented

Phong;

I'll need to go back to the Software provider.

Could you give me some possible questions to ask , as far as, How it is Implemented and How it handles incoming calls ?

Thanks

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Ask them how they detect incoming calls to make inbound call popup? I guess that they are using the telephony session event notification and if so, how do they subscribe for the notification, account level or extension level?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys