question

Tyler Ehrig avatar image
Tyler Ehrig asked Phong Vu answered

Cannot send SMS recently

Good morning, I have a problem with a widget that I am developing with ringencentral and it has to do with SMS, the problem is that I can't send SMS when before I could.

The strange thing is that the number I use to send messages have permissions to do it, and when I send the message I get a response that it was sent but does not, I try sending message to different numbers and the problem remains the same.

Then I decided to try on the ringcentral page: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/ and discovered that the documentation to send a message (Send SMS) no longer exists on the page.

Are they going to update this api or replace it or why it does not allow to send messages and disappeared from the documentation page?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Here is a few options to check.

Can you send SMS message from that phone number using the RC app?

Read the message from the message store and check the message status to see why it failed.

The Try it out to send SMS is still available here.

If you cannot send any message from the RC app (Sending failed), then most probably your number is blocked due to no TCR campaign (a recent requirement from mobile carriers). In that case, you will need to send a request for TCR registration.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys