question

Jonas Jacinto avatar image
Jonas Jacinto asked Phong Vu commented

How can I see the fax send status beside on status from logs as queued? (I am using free trial and sandbox as of now)

I am applying the send fax on javascript api and I get already the status of 'Queued'. So, I am wondering how can I see the status like if it is already sent. Do you guys have an example to easily understand where to get the status? Thank you so much for answering everyone :)

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

After sending a fax, you can detect the message status and the message id from the response. The status is normally in "Queued" as you already saw. You can use the message id and call this API to detect the latest status. E.g.

async function read_message(messageId){
    var resp = await platform.get('/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store/' + messageId)
    var jsonObj = await resp.json()
    console.log(jsonObj)
}
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jonas Jacinto avatar image Jonas Jacinto commented ·

Hi @Phong Vu where can I get the messageId?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jonas Jacinto commented ·

After you send a fax, you can capture the fax message id as shown in this quick start code. If you want to check other fax messages that you don't have the message ids, you can call this API and set the query param "messageType=Fax" to read fax messages and their status.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys