question

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 asked John Wang Deactivated commented

How can we set our custom number as a Caller ID in outbound faxes ?

I want to set our office number as Caller ID into Ring Central account so that when we are send fax to someone they can get back us with the number that we provided instead of number from where fax has been sent.

is there any way i can set that number into out going faxes ?

Let me know if u have any queries/questions.

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered John Wang Deactivated commented
I wrote about how to do this on Stack Overflow for another developer a while back at the link below. Let me know if this works for you.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50099677/fax-from-parameter-in-ringcentral-api-is-missing-for-se...
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Hi Hardik, as far as I can tell, it is NOT only a display change. So you user can get back to you via the number you set.
1 Like 1 ·
hardik-joshi6230 avatar image hardik-joshi6230 commented ·
Hi John,

I have read that post on Stack Overflow and have following question.

1.If i will update caller id from developer portal to my custom number, will ring central use that number(my number) to send faxes or it will only display in fax header and cover page ?

Thanks,
Hardik Joshi
0 Likes 0 ·
John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
I've verified that changing the Fax Caller Id will update the number that is used to send the fax. All of the following are changed:

* Number recipient views as fax sending number
* Number in fax header
* Number on fax cover page
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys