question

Matthew Skilton avatar image
Matthew Skilton asked Matthew Skilton published

MSG-242

Any chance of getting SMS enabled on my sandbox account. Trying to do a POC to see if RC suits our needs.

Thanks!

sending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sandbox number?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matthew Skilton answered Phong Vu commented

Yes Sandbox. Trying to build new partner app.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am asking what is your sandbox number?

1 Like 1 ·
Matthew Skilton answered Phong Vu commented

Sorry. 18024486628

1 comment
1 |3000

I enabled it locally but it seems not working. Please try from your app and if it fails, submit a dev support ticket and the team will help to enable it from our SMS upstream service.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Skilton answered Matthew Skilton commented

Yes got error from API saying.

"messageStatus" : "SendingFailed" ,

Will open ticket.

3 comments
1 |3000

Hi Matthew,

I believe your sandbox number is still not provisioned. It takes longer time now because the team is getting to the bottom of the issue and solve it once for any new sandbox phone number.

Your patience is much appreciated!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The team just notified my that the number is provisioned. Can you run a test and let me know if it works or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Skilton avatar image Matthew Skilton Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes! Worked. Thank you. Can get on with building and testing integration. Appreciate the help.

-1 Like -1 ·
Matthew Skilton answered Matthew Skilton published

New question. Are they any webooks so can be notified of incoming SMS messages? Or need to Poll via Api?

2 comments
1 |3000

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Skilton avatar image Matthew Skilton Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Expanding on this a little bit. Is there a way to get notifications of status changes of outbound SMS. As in we have sent an SMS through the API.. can we subscride to a status change event. Looking at the Notifications Types, is it to do with Message Event? as in I would have to subscribe to /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store?type=SMS&direction=Outbound

to receive status changes on sent messages? would that be correct.

and for Inbound SMS the event is

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store/instant?type=SMS

I'm confused as to why inbound SMS wouldn't just be (whats the difference between Message Event and Instant Message Event?)

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store?type=SMS&direction=Inbound

and ultimately if I would like to subscribe to any Outbound SMS status changes and any Inbound SMS, can I just do one subscription and 2 event Filters? something like

POST .../restapi/v1.0/subscription
{
"eventFilters": [

"/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store?type=SMS&direction=Inbound",

"/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store?type=SMS&direction=Outbound",

],
"deliveryMode": {
"transportType": "WebHook"
}
}

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys