question

Prajakta Joshilkar avatar image
Prajakta Joshilkar asked Tyler Liu answered

Trying to call using production credentials outside of user with extension list number

Hello ,

I'm using ringcentral-web-phone/index.js at master · ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone (github.com) this code that is working fine with sandbox credentials. It means that when I try to call outside to any US number, the call gets connected, but when using production credentials to try to call any US number, I'm not able to make the call, even though the number that I'm using has the digital line to it.

It's worth noting that when I use the production credentials to call the number in the user's extension (service account -> users -> Users with Extensions), the call is connected to that number.

@Tyler Liu @Phong Vu

phonecall handlingerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Prajakta Joshilkar commented

I believe it is your production account issue. Please test it using the official app.ringcentral.com to see if you can make calls there. Just to make sure your production account has the ability to make calls.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Prajakta Joshilkar avatar image Prajakta Joshilkar commented ·

Hi @Tyler Liu I can able to make the call through the app..!

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

Please create a ticket here and describe in detail the issue: https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

They may need your credentials to reproduce the issue.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys