question

Everlast Hiring avatar image
Everlast Hiring asked Phong Vu answered

Getting GLP-021 Error

I am trying to test my app in Sandbox. I have tried multiple accounts.

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorCode": "GLP-021",
      "message": "This API requires the requester to have a Glip profile. You might sign in to the application to create it."
    }
  ]
}

I have an account so I dont know why its doing this?

{ "errors": [ { "errorCode": "GLP-021", "message": "This API requires the requester to have a Glip profile. You might sign in to the application to create it." } ] }

{ "errors": [ { "errorCode": "GLP-021", "message": "This API requires the requester to have a Glip profile. You might sign in to the application to create it." } ] }

developer sandbox
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Give little background info as what you app is about and what API did you call. I don't know how anyone can help with such a vague question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Everlast Hiring avatar image Everlast Hiring Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It's odd that you were in a chat regarding the same exact question, with the same vague details, where one of your colleagues was able to pinpoint the issue both quickly and succinctly and you had no issue helping them.

I'm not quite sure why the drama is necessary to give any help at all, but I'm happy to give you more information.

I have a RingCentral Developers account (do you need to know I'm working within the "Beta" version?) but I'm still getting an errorCode": "GLP-021", with

"message": "This API requires the requester to have a Glip profile. You might sign in to the application to create it."

The purpose of the app is to create a task whenever there is a missed call in certain extensions.

Here is the link to the app in case that helps:
https://developers.ringcentral.com/my-account.html#/application-dashboard/FO7UyAEkRE-KpQ_o0ps-rA~I7lXWpBxSnCJb6M3kyqM6Q

I have given literally all permissions, b
screenshot-2023-01-29-at-13702-pm.png

When I choose the app and environment

screenshot-2023-01-29-at-14401-pm.png

I get a success message.

screenshot-2023-01-29-at-14445-pm.pngBut when I try to get chats, or any other call I get the error.

screenshot-2023-01-29-at-14647-pm.png

The only place I get no issue is when I run "Company > Get Account Info"

screenshot-2023-01-29-at-14734-pm.png

Please let me know what information you need in order to help me.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You need to login the RC app (Devtest) once for the system to create your "Glip" profile.

P.S. Debating like this does not help at all. "I'm not quite sure why the drama is necessary to give any help at all, but I'm happy to give you more information."

It's not the drama, it is the clue for diagnosing the problem.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys