question

Tiffany Ding avatar image
Tiffany Ding asked Tiffany Ding commented

No Message Received

Hi. I'm trying to follow the SMS Quick Start guide using node.js. I created an app, put in all the credentials in a .env file, and added my mobile phone number as a recipient. But when I run node sms.js nothing happens and I'm not getting any text messages on my phone. Am I doing any part of the process wrong? I followed it step by step

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If this is in your sandbox account, what is the sandbox account id or main company number?

If this is your production account, then please click the link on the orange banner in this page.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tiffany Ding avatar image Tiffany Ding Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong, this is a sandbox account that I'm trying to use for testing. The main company number is +14706636774

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Tiffany Ding commented

I enabled SMS for your number. Please check. If this does not help, I will send a request to provision the number.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tiffany Ding avatar image Tiffany Ding commented ·

Thank you very much it works perfectly now

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys