question

Svensoni Paraplanning avatar image
Svensoni Paraplanning asked mary-community-moderator commented

Call handling and incoming call announcement problems

Hi

First issue:

We have the numbers for 3 businesses coming into our RingCentral account. We need these to route initially to users who will only be using the desktop app - when I add the user under the 'call handling' settings and test it, the call goes straight to voicemail.

However, if I set the call handling to route the call to a mobile phone number, rather than a RingCentral extension, it routes the call correctly.

To work around this, I did manage to get the call to route correctly to RingCentral extensions, by creating a Call Queue - however when the system routes a call via the Call Queue, it does not manage the incoming call announcement correctly, which brings me to my second issue!

Second issue:

As we have calls for 3 businesses being routed to the same individuals, they need to know which business the caller is trying to reach so they answer the call correctly. I have added the appropriate settings to: Call Handling > Settings > Incoming Call Information (Edit) > Play Announcement. The settings I've added are 'Always' for both direct calls and call queue calls - however the announcement is not made when calls are routed to RingCentral extensions under the call queue.

However, if I remove the call queue, and route calls to call a mobile phone number instead (under the call handling settings), it does make the announcement correctly.

What I need to achieve, is to be able to route calls to RingCentral extensions, and for the incoming call announcements to work - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered mary-community-moderator commented

I would simply create 3 separate call queues for your businesses, add the same agents to each queue and name the queue appropriately. Ie: Call Queue 1 is called "Business 123", and Queue 2 is called "Business 456" etc.

When a call hits the queue, it will show the name of that queue on your agents' softphones and they can answer appropriately.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the suggestion, @tak-it1!

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app