question

Lori Browne avatar image
Lori Browne asked jason-snyder commented

SMS Not Working

We are unable to send text messages from any new number that is added to our account. We have reached out to support several times and have also filled out the TCR form more than once. It has been over 30 days and we have not heard back from anyone. I have also tried reaching out to our account rep and received no answer. Has anyone been able to get this resolved on their account? We use this feature daily for our business and none of our new employees can text our customers.

sending sms
39 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeremy-dugas avatar image jeremy-dugas commented ·

Hi Lori - Experiencing the same. Every link to read more about TCR just takes you back to the same support article with zero additional info. This rollout has been less than perfect. No notice just disable SMS for any new line and let the customer call support with support stating you need to register for TCR even though SMS is not supposed to be disable until 3/31/2023. RingCentral needs to do better here. Turning off features without telling the customer is unacceptable and may even breach contract. I am beyond frustrated.

2 Likes 2 ·
Jack Hainline avatar image Jack Hainline jeremy-dugas commented ·

same. been waiting 2.5 months. been getting charged the whole time. have never been able to text.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Younger avatar image Jeremy Younger jeremy-dugas commented ·

Same here, two cases since January. I would have never ported in their competitors phone numbers if I had received any messaging stating that SMS was going to cease to work on those said numbers. Over 30 days, with two TCR applications submitted myself. It is absolutely hypocritical to not have this auto-authorized for newly ported or purchased numbers while allowing the original contracted numbers still authorized to use SMS, when it can all be turned off on March 31st. Do I understand correctly that if a TCR app doesn't come back approved we'll lose all SMS for every number in our account on March 31st? Reading through the community pages here is not very encouraging and if anyone else uses SMS for MFA they, like us, will have to consider changes in their security processes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lori Browne avatar image Lori Browne commented ·

This week I noticed that the Admin Portal has a Phone Systems section with Enhanced Business SMS. I managed to register our business successfully by doing the 10DLC TCR Registration there. I'm not sure if the issue was just with the random form I had to submit initially. Users who couldn't text before can now. I am still waiting for my text campaign to be approved. If that is not approved I’m not sure if I have to start over from the beginning. I also want to point out that we are charged each time we submit a request to register our business. If you were told to resubmit multiple times but weren't informed of any issues, you should check your next billing cycle. When I started this process back in January, I wasn't told that we would be charged with each form submission. If you submit through the Admin Portal, you'll be able to see the charges and must confirm them. I provided an image of where it is in the admin portal. Hopefully, this helps! sms.png

1 Like 1 ·
sms.png (12.8 KiB)
Jeremy Younger avatar image Jeremy Younger Lori Browne commented ·

That is helpful, thank you. I saw that in the interface but had trusted to allow the initial TCR form and submittal registration to essentially do that for me, unless I was misunderstanding the original form process, as I do admit to leaving some of it blank warranting my first rejection, which I read as for-profit companies utilizing SMS for marketing. We're a nonprofit and do not conduct marketing from SMS, utilizing it for MFA and communication. I have filled out this form on your mentioning it being successful for you, and will keep my fingers crossed.

2 Likes 2 ·
Lori Browne avatar image Lori Browne Jeremy Younger commented ·

I still never received any communication back regarding my initial form requests other than what she mentioned to me here. It seems like it was just a waste of all our time filling those out. Hopefully, that works for you too!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jordan Kalber avatar image Jordan Kalber Lori Browne commented ·

How long did your request get approved after you submitted via the Enhanced Business SMS section? I submitted the initial TCR request prior to this Enhanced Business SMS option being available but the request still hasn't been approved and I'm getting no support from RingCentral. Going to try your way and see if it gets approved, this entire process has been an absolute nightmare but thanks for posting this and I'm hoping it works out for me and others.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lori Browne avatar image Lori Browne Jordan Kalber commented ·

For the first part, I was approved within 20 minutes of submitting it through the Admin portal under the 10DLC TCR Registration. Once my TCR. Once our status was changed to registered, our employees were able to start texting again. I am still waiting for the campaign portion to be approved. I'm sure if the campaign part is required, but I filled it out because that was part of the original form.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Steve Lansing avatar image Steve Lansing Lori Browne commented ·

The Enhanced SMS section does not exist in our admin portal. And nobody from RingCentral is reaching out to me from anywhere, for anything. Zero contact, other that "Becky" saying somebody will get right on it, just hang on. Nonsense. I don't have anything nice to say.

0 Likes 0 ·
robinb44 avatar image robinb44 Steve Lansing commented ·

I am searching the web to see if there are other VOIP carriers that are working. We need SMS so badly for two way communication with our clients. I do not believe it is a TCR issue. If it was, wouldn't this have started after the March 31st deadline? It seems everything broke internally once RingCentral started asking for us to fill out the manual forms.

Has anyone out there switched to another carrier that resolved this issue? If so, we will switch today!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Lori Browne I am looking into this with our internal teams. Give me some time to hear back from our internal partners.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Lori Browne After working with the internal teams, it looks like your TCR was rejected because of the Opt-In/Opt-Out help keywords and messages.
You are required to obtain consent from consumers before you send them SMS messages.

You can implement one of the common methods to get your consumer’s consent.

• Having a form for users to enter their phone number on your website
  • Sending users to a mobile website with a button to opt-in for SMS messages
  • Getting their consent at your physical location using a paper form
  • Allowing users to call into your automated voice service phone number

Depending on the method you decide to use, TCR requires screenshots, examples, and other relevant data as proof of consent. Ensure you submit the following information for your specific campaign method.

• Timestamp of user’s consent
  • What you used to get their consent (e.g., online form, physical form, mobile button)
  • Language you used to ask for consent
  • The campaign you wanted consent to send messages about
  • IP address captured when user submitted information online
  • User’s phone number
  • User information (name, username, session ID, etc.)

I would recommend going through Service Web and resubmitting your registration and pay close attention to these parts of the submission.
    If you have additional questions, please reach out to the Community team directly at Community.Support@RingCentral.com
0 Likes 0 ·
Lori Browne avatar image Lori Browne Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager Thank you for looking into this. We will resubmit again. Why did we not receive any notice that there was an issue? We had also reached out to support and they never mentioned that there was an issue. We do receive consent through a form, so we could have resubmitted with screenshots a while ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Mike Stecker avatar image Mike Stecker commented ·

We are experiencing the same issue. Seems to only affect a few new users on our account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lori Browne avatar image Lori Browne Mike Stecker commented ·

It is frustrating! All our numbers that existed before this year can still send sms messages, but they blocked it for new lines. It doesn't make sense that they still let some users send messages and not others.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Lori Browne commented ·

The idea here is that we don't want to disable all your abilities to execute SMS while pushing through on the campaign registration. However, any new numbers will be enabled when the TCR process has been completed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stecker avatar image Mike Stecker Mike Stecker commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager can you help look into our issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Mike Stecker commented ·

@Mike Stecker I have shared your concerns with our TCR program managers.
When I have an update, I'll reach out or someone else will be in contact.

0 Likes 0 ·
robinb44 avatar image robinb44 commented ·

We are having the same problem here. I called tech support twice and also submitted a ticket. I have not received any updates. The Customer Support Rep. told me not to resubmit a new TCR form or it would start the whole process over again. We rely very heavily on text communication in our company and are struggling without outbound texts. We are able to receive them but not respond. Does anyone have any advice for us? Are other VOIP systems having the same issue? Is there a 3rd party app to purchase that would fix this in the meantime? Are any of you looking to switch to another system?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ robinb44 commented ·

@RobinB44 I'm going to escalate to our TCR Program Managers.
Someone will be reaching out to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
robinb44 avatar image robinb44 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

My sms started working both inbound and outbound at 12:15 yesterday. It is still working. I am not sure why. There has been no update from the TCR team nor my support ticket or my Account Manager. It's great that it is now working but I am afraid that I do not know for how long. Do I need to send additional information for the TCR team to reach out to me? Let me know.

Thanks for your help @Becky-Community_Manager !

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app