question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked mary-community-moderator commented

RingCentral Phone - Azure Joined Device - Multi-user PC

We have several Azure joined devices that are used by multiple staff members (receptionists) and found that RingCentral phone is installed on each individuals user profile " C:\Users\**User**\AppData\Local\Programs\RingCentral.exe" as opposed to a true installation. The problem is that each time a new user sits at one of these pc's we are having to reinstall the RingCentral phone app. This position has quite a bit of turnover and are constantly going through the install process.

Is anyone else running into this issue? If so how did you make is less cumbersome?

phone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

I was able to install for all users but am struggling with updates. Are you aware of a no-update .msi for RingCentral Phone? I am only able to find a no-update .msi for RingCentral Desktop app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gregory Yaschuk avatar image Gregory Yaschuk Susan Pieroni commented ·

Do you try to decline such updates?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Gregory Yaschuk avatar image
Gregory Yaschuk answered mary-community-moderator commented

Could you please explain why do you need re-install application for each user?

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

The RingCentral Phone app installs in App Data of the users' local profiles as opposed to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Since this is the case it is only available to the user that was logged in at the time of the install. Perhaps there is something we need to adjust during the install but when the install is run there aren't any option prompts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gregory Yaschuk avatar image Gregory Yaschuk commented ·

Try to use installation with Administrator privileges to Program Files folder. For this installation type you should install using command line parameter ALLUSERS=1.

0 Likes 0 ·

Great idea! I'll give that a try. Thank you so much!

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, it works perfectly if I decline the update but we have 30ish staff members amongst our locations that utilize these pc's and am sure at some point one will say yes to install. That being said this is still better than having to install the software for each user.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It will definitely be a time saver.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Gregory, thanks for helping @Susan Pieroni!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app