question

Jordan Kalber avatar image
Jordan Kalber asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

SMS still not working and no response from support

SMS is still not working for new requests/numbers. I have two tickets opened and neither are being updated with any type of response from RingCentral Support. We are being billed for SMS but it is not working. We submitted the appropriate TCR forms well over a month ago and I confirmed with RingCentral last month that the form was received. This TCR rollout has been an absolute nightmare and the support we have received has been even worse. Regretting that we ever moved our phone system over to RingCentral.

sms and text messaging
41 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Jordan Kalber I am working with our TCR Program Managers to identify the status of your registration. More info as soon as I get an update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordan Kalber avatar image Jordan Kalber Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Still zero updates from support.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jordan Kalber commented ·

Jordan, I will share an update when I get an update. I know that's not the immediate response you want, but I assure you my small Community team is doing the best we can to support all the folks in this space that are seeking assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Ok thanks, looking forward to hearing an update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordan Kalber avatar image Jordan Kalber commented ·

What an absolute nightmare, paying for a service that we can't even utilize. I keep being told the TCR process can take 20-30 business days. IT HAS BEEN 31 BUSINESS DAYS SINCE WE SUBMITTED THIS FREAKING REQUEST. Absolutely ZERO support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jordan Kalber commented ·

@Jordan Kalber I received word from the TCR Program Team that you registered your brand via the Admin Portal, but no campaign. Please jump back in, and register your campaign and once registered the team will escalate for prioritization.

If you would like to speak with someone, I'm glad to connect you.
Please shoot me an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com.

0 Likes 0 ·

That is not true at all. I did that registration on the portal yesterday as a last resort hoping it would resolve the issue because I saw another community member here stating they did that and were able to text shortly after. I submitted the TCR form last month, on time and as instructed by RingCentral so you should check back with your support team because they are providing you with false information and I don't appreciate that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Diony Sanchez avatar image Diony Sanchez commented ·

Same problem here. I submitted the form January 30, 2023 and SMS still doesn't work.

I am the only one in my team that can't send text messages; my phone number is not new plus I'm the ADMIN!.

No updates from support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Diony Sanchez commented ·

@Diony Sanchez The issue with SMS right now is an outage and can be monitored via our Status Site found HERE.

As for TCR, I am reviewing your cases and see that your submission had missing/invalid Tax ID/EIN.
I would recommend resubmitting your registration through the Admin Portal.
Please reach out to myself or someone from my team at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Lansing avatar image Steve Lansing Diony Sanchez commented ·

I am also the admin, cannot send/receive texts, my number is not new this year, no idea. It is not working. I do not have an Enhanced SMS section in my admin panel. Nothing is working and nobody is talking to me. I have tried every avenue and nobody knows anything. They tell me they'll get back to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vernon Ellicott avatar image Vernon Ellicott Steve Lansing commented ·

Steve Lansing, I don't have the Enhanced EMS on my panel either. How can we create a Brand or move forward without it???

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jordan Kalber avatar image Jordan Kalber commented ·

The funny thing about all of this is we don't even send campaigns, we use TextUs for that. We just send 1to1 text messages in RingCentral to our clients/prospects. We are waiting for campaign forms to be "approved" that we won't even be using.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tate Borcoman avatar image Tate Borcoman Jordan Kalber commented ·

Why do you keep deleting my posts @Becky-Community_Manager ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Tate Borcoman commented ·

I get that you're upset - but we have Community Guidelines in place to keep this space positive and professional and work to resolve issues.
I will delete any posts that are not actively asking for help or working toward a resolution.
Your concerns have been acknowledged and we'll continue to work to support you moving forward.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Steve Lansing avatar image Steve Lansing commented ·

We do not use campaigns either. Just 1-to-1 texts. But, this is broken before the 3/31 deadline, so something has gone amiss with RingCentral. I do not know if this is really about campaigns. How would I? Nobody is telling me anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Steve Lansing commented ·

Just to clarify, a TCR Campaign (terrible name for this) is really "how are you using SMS." It's not a campaign in the traditional sense.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app