question

Thomas Przybylak avatar image
Thomas Przybylak asked Joe Cache commented

Adding a second IVR and routing

Hello,

We need to add a second toll-free number to our company, and have a second IVR setup that will route this toll free number to five new phone numbers. I need these 5 new numbers to be second numbers on existing user phones.

Envision running a parallel company with the same employees where depending on which toll free number is called, the person answering will know to say "thanks for calling company a" or "thanks for calling company b"

Can this be done? It looks like IVRs are only routing to extensions - so can second extensions be put on phones? I can't imagine I have to have two phones but I can't get this figured out and I've had a case open for 3 weeks with ringcentral and can't get help from them - and my account rep is MIA.
Thanks
call handlingivr
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

Sounds like you are looking at a 'Multi site' configuraton, but it could be done with Call Queues as well.

You wouldnt need two extensions on one phone - just the IVR to direct the caller to which department/function.
In the Call queue set up - there's an option to change the CallerID to the incoming type/number/quque name - so you'd see which path the caller has taken to reach you.

1679602273446.png

Each incoming phone number can be set to go to a specific IVR / call queue

1679602419987.png

it's a bit hidden, but you can make Custom rules/routing from the IVR

1679602606938.png

If you set up the RC account as a Single Site - I will say that you should make a hard copy of all the settings - they don't tell you to set up as a Multi-site, and changing over from Single/Multi will wipe out your IVR settings.

That sound like what you were asking?

1 Like 1 ·
1679602273446.png (4.1 KiB)
1679602419987.png (3.4 KiB)
1679602606938.png (3.6 KiB)

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app