question

liu6213 avatar image
liu6213 asked Phong Vu commented

How do I display the number of inbound waiting calls on a call queue?

I'm creating an app to monitor the call queues. What I need to do is display how many inbound waiting calls are on a call queue. Is this possible?

I have tried to use subscription to monitor incoming calls of agents. That worked. But if all agents are taking phone calls and then there's an incoming call to the call queue how can I get notified?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kevin6301 avatar image
kevin6301 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
Hi,  I had a similar issue, and I was told in order to create a call queue you needed to have Live Reports enabled on your account.  We currently don't have this feature, but we are looking into it.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

liu6213 avatar image liu6213 commented ·
Thanks for reply. Does that mean they don't have any API to monitor call queue?
0 Likes 0 ·
John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·

We have a new enhancement to our Subscription API that covers this. This is currently in beta and you can find more info here:

https://ringcentral-api-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/active_call_control_overview/

If you are interested in trying this out now, please send an email request or a support ticket with your Org and App details and the developer support team will add the permission.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
1 |3000

Elsi Huntsman Pest Control avatar image
Elsi Huntsman Pest Control answered Phong Vu commented

For our business this feature it is needed too, ir order to have the option to support the line but having user more eficiently.

Hello.

For our bussiness, it is also needed to have the real-time queue calls status, in order to have the opprtunity to support the agents in the same moment. We would like this feature be available on our ringcentral plan.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The original question is old and the developer was asking about developing an app to monitor call queues. I am not sure about your question though. If you are looking for APIs and help to build your own monitor app, create a new question instead of adding to this old thread. If you just want to request for a new feature, post your request here or ask your question in the Customer community.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys