question

sidney-sokoloff12197 avatar image
sidney-sokoloff12197 asked Tyler Liu answered

Why is the RingCentral for Salesforce app logging everything as a task?

Hello.

I have properly implemented the Salesforce integration. When I log notes from a call it logs as a task, and this is a problem as it is misleading for our team. How do we change these to "calls" so they are properly documented? I saw the new 6.0 version will have it so I put the beta on but I can't figure this out. Please help :(

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Are you talking about the official RingCentral for Salesforce integration?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sidney-sokoloff12197 avatar image
sidney-sokoloff12197 answered Tyler Liu commented
Yes
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
I've noticed the relevant support team and they will respond.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Here is the update:

Known issue
Was fixed in 6.0 Beta 2
If user would like to play with Beta, they can contact with Srikumar. Otherwise, the GA is targeting at late Q4 to early Q1.
You can reach Srikumar via srikumar.subramaniam@ringcentral.com
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys