question

sumit-agarwal34 avatar image
sumit-agarwal34 asked sumit-agarwal34 answered

API ringout

I am trying to make a ringout call using the ringcentral API. The request body I am passing is like this :

{ "to": {"phoneNumber": "91*******"},

"from": {"phoneNumber": "91*******"},

"callerId": {"phoneNumber": "91*******"},

"playPrompt": true

}

The response I am getting is :

{ "message": "Forbidden", "errorCode": "InternationalProhibited" }

The same call when I try to make with the ringcentral account is successful. Can u tell me what's wrong with that.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
This is expected behavior. Since we offer free service for developers on Sandbox, international calling is prohibited there.
If you want to call US numbers, you should specify phone number in E.164 format (starting from country code, "1" in case of US). 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sumit-agarwal34 answered
Hey Anton,

When I try to make the international call using the ringout image provided at the top of the account, it is successful, but the same is not happening with the API. So, the international calls are banned only for  the API???? Further, can u tell me then how I can test the ringout and other features of the ringcentral API as I am not a resident of the US.

Thanks!!! 
1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
Sumit, do you mean that you can make international calls in Sandbox (via service.devtest.ringcentral.com)?

Probably you are talking about Production account ( service.ringcentral.com), while you are using API against Sandbox.

In order to test calls and other features you can add up to four US numbers on your Sandbox account, connect Softphone, and take your calls using it. 
1 |3000

sumit-agarwal34 answered
Hey Anton, 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah you were right , that was the production account. So, to test calls and other features from my sandbox account, I can add local us numbers at a max of 4 and then using two of the numbers, one for ringout and the other one to pick up the call , right ???
And, I tried adding the local numbers in my sandbox account, it asked to select the state and area, but everytime it was showing the "number not available. select a different area". I tried a lot of areas , but none of them worked. Can u tell me how to do that ????

Thanks!!!!
1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
Please try 585 (NY) and 732 (NJ) area codes.
1 |3000

sumit-agarwal34 answered
Hey Anton,

Thanks a lot. 585(NY) worked, 732(NJ) not working.
1 |3000

sumit-agarwal34 answered
Hey Anton, 

I am trying to access my sandbox account using the desktop app. I have created the config.ini txt file into the Contents folder that was required for accessing the sandbox account. but I am still getting the "invalid credentials" error. But, I am able to login to my production account. Is there anything I am missing ????

Thanks!!!
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Sumit,

Look into the link below to configure your RingCentral for Desktop Application :

https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/tutorials/test-account.html

Kindly use the mentioned server in the config.ini file while you access with different accounts :

Sandbox : PlatformServer = " https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com";

Production : PlatformServer = " https://platform.ringcentral.com";
1 |3000

sumit-agarwal34 answered
Hey Anil,

I have already mentioned the platformServer in the config.ini file. But,it's still not working. I am able to login to my production account, but not to my sandbox account i.e " https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com"
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Please make sure you are adhering to these guidelines:

• Restart the "Ringcentral for Desktop" application each and every time you make in changes to your "config.ini" file.
  • For Production account use RC Production Account credentials ( optional : extensions )
  • For Sandbox account use sandbox account credentials ( optional : extensions )
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys