question

sal-dashyan12945 avatar image
sal-dashyan12945 asked ·

RingCentral Embeddable SMS pass the " Message" after click , can it be done?

RingCentral Embeddable SMS pass the " Message" as well after the click, can it be done?

<a href="sms://+12121231234?body=Test Message Text">Send a SMS message</a>
aaa
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered ·
Hi, Sal. This feature hasn't been supported in RingCentral Embeddable. But it is a great idea, and not hard to implement.  I have created a issue in here and add it to our backlog.   https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/issues/168

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered ·
Hi, Sal. We have supported this feature in master branch release. You can try it in the bottom of here  https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-embeddable/  It supports to pass message text by 'sms:+1234567890?text=test_content' or use Go to SMS api.

sal-dashyan12945 avatar image
sal-dashyan12945 answered ·
Thanks, for the help. I was able to pass the " text".

There is any way to make it send the "text" automatically without pressing the " send " button on the widget? like when you click to "call" its automatically dial for you.
9 comments Share

Hi, Sal. Thanks for your feedback.  For auto sent sms, I will check it with our PM. We need to make sure if it is safe
0 Likes 0 · ·
any update?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi, Sal, I checked with team. there is potential secure problem if we support auto send. For call, user can still cancel the call. But sms can't be canceled. We need user's confirm before sending SMS
0 Likes 0 · ·
did there was a recent update the changed the code:  ?test  to ?body
'sms:+1234567890?text=test_content'

to:

'sms:+1234567890?body=test_content'

0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi, Sal, we updated it to 'body' recently, but 'text' is still supported. 'body' is more standard.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.