question

rich-sutton14968 avatar image
rich-sutton14968 asked Phong Vu commented

How to traverse from Company Call Log to Fax or Voicemail

Hi, I'm trying to traverse the API from the Company Call Log to the recordings of every fax and voicemail received across the company.

I can get the call log records, and I see the entries for faxes and voicemails, but I don't see the message element of the returned records, which the documentation leads me to believe should be there.

How do I get to the list of faxes and voicemails of the company without making API calls for every extension or user in the company, which is clearly infeasible?

Thanks in advance!

faxcall logsvoicemails
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Rich,

I am afraid that you have to call the user call-log API or the message-store API for each extension to get access to the message content. But I think you can use the message exports as an alternative to download all messages and message content then access the content locally. If that workaround solution is acceptable then read this blog to see how to export your company message store.
https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/how-to-archive-companys-messaging-content-3d051068667b

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rich-sutton14968 avatar image
rich-sutton14968 answered Phong Vu commented
Hey Phong,

The export API appears to be exactly what I need. Thanks! Unfortunately it appears to be failing on the sandbox right now:

curl -s -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOK" "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/message-store-report"; -d '{ "dateFrom": "2019-03-01T00:00:00.000Z" }' | jq
{
  "errorCode": "AGW-110",
  "message": "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.",
  "errors": []
}

In the meantime, I'll read your post and reach out if I have any further questions.

Rich

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Great! I cannot test right now to verify if the sandbox is accessible or not. But if it is down because the server is temporary OoS then please try again a bit later. There are sample codes in different languages in the blog. Please try those too.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys