question

casey-canez14460 avatar image
casey-canez14460 asked Phong Vu answered

I am no longer able to add contacts from my call log. Is this a glitch in my system or is this a change to the app?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered casey-canez14460 commented
Hi Casey,

Can you be more specific about your problem? What did you mean by saying "..add contacts from my call log?" How the add contacts related to the call log function?

Adding a user contact is as simple as calling a post as shown below. I just tested it and it works well.

POST /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/address-book/contact    {    "firstName": "John",    "lastName": "Smith",    "businessPhone": "+16507893542",    "businessAddress": {      "city": "Manchester",      "country": "GBR"    }  }

Please explain and post some code so I can help.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

khosro-eslami14974 avatar image khosro-eslami14974 commented ·
I am no longer able to add contacts from my call log. I enter the caller's information and save but it does not save into "Contacts."

Khosro
818 883-5510 
0 Likes 0 ·
casey-canez14460 avatar image casey-canez14460 commented ·
It used to be that when I clicked on add contact, entered the info and saved it, the contacts name would appear next to the number in the call log. It no longer does that. I am not able to post code..... It does save the contact, but it does not add it to the call log.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Casey and Khosro,

I understand what you meant now. But this forum is for developers to ask tech questions related to the platform APIs. In your case, could you please repost your question  here so the product team can help you better.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys