question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked matt-spinks2179 commented

What are the minimum permissions for a user to be able to access my app integration?

I've been providing an app integration with RingCentral for a couple years, and most the time, my users login using an admin account. However, I have a new customer who is creating a custom user specifically to log into my app integration (to give that user limited permissions). However, he is having trouble with that. I've told him to ensure the new user has these permissions:

Full Company Call Log

Third Party Apps Access

And he has done that. However, when he attempts to log in to my app (using OAuth), he gets an error from RingCentral that says "Sorry, you do not have sufficient permissions to access this service". Are there other permissions that need to be enabled to allow this user to log in to my app integration? If so, what are they? My customer wants to have the minimum permissions needed for my app integration. My app integration uses these permissions:

Read Accounts

Read Call Log

Read Call Recording

Read Messages

Thanks

Matt

integrationspermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered matt-spinks2179 commented
Hi Matt,

Not sure how your integration app works but this error seems not relating to app permissions. It reminds me of the error message when you try login into RingCentral service dashboard with your RingCentral developer portal login credential.

That would show something like this.

Can you double check with your customer if he/she login with the correct username and password for that extension?
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·
Thanks for the response Phong. I'm still not sure what the cause was. But I suspect it may have been something like this. We did a conference call and I had them turn on various permissions for that user, and we got it working. I actually think they may have never actually turned on the "Third party apps access" permission. That was one of the permissions I had them turn on in our call. Do you know if that would cause this error message?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys