question

mercedes avatar image
mercedes asked ·

Intercom Help!

We have checked every setting... How do we setup the intercom so that when we select a person from the phone screen, it automatically intercoms them? Please don't tell me the only way to intercom is to dial that person's extension.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

niki1 avatar image
niki1 answered ·
Did you ever figure this out?  We are encountering the same issue with our new Polycom 410 phones.  I would like to not have to dial the actual extension in order to use the intercom.  Thanks!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mercedes avatar image
mercedes answered ·
Unfortunately the only option is to press Intercom followed by the extension. One more disappointment in RC. 

niki1 avatar image
niki1 answered ·
Thank you so much for responding to this!  That is disappointing/frustrating.  You mentioned that it is one more disappointment - have you encountered quite a few other issues?  We are in the process of getting set up right now, and I would like to get an idea of what to expect when working with them.

mercedes avatar image
mercedes answered ·
Honestly, we are having horrible "service" with them. In the middle of literally EVERY conversation, the phones cut out for 3-5 seconds...sometimes on our end, sometimes on our customers side. HUGE inconvenience. It was also very time consuming and unreliable to setup. I am not trying to bash RC at all because in theory it's a great system...and we made the decision to stick with them.  However... we have all started pulling our hair out because of it, too. Good luck! 
3 comments Share

Hi Mercedes, issues like this are mostly local network issues and not the service.  I have over 100 customers and if the phones cut out for 3 - 5  I would have no customers.

How many users, what type of phone and how is your local network setup?

Chuck
Certified Ring central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
0 Likes 0 · ·
Well...things were fine for the first 8 months or so and then it just randomly started happening- and meanwhile nothing has changed on our end.  Only 10 users.  We already have been dealing with RC support- they reset our system and we reset all our phones. Literally, nothing changed or got better. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
What phones are you using?  What is your network like?

1 switch?  1 Router?  What is your internet business requirement.  Like what is your day to day lie on the computers.

Chuck
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces