question

Jonathan Robert Lefranois avatar image
Jonathan Robert Lefranois asked ·

Any tips for removing the ghastly distortion at the END of a custom recording?

Hello,

I've browsed this forum, other forums, researched competitors sites, studied IVR's, fiddled with my audio editing software (Adobe Auditon CC), and I have come  close to getting a decent custom recording  except  for the life of me, I cannot do away with the (what seems to be intermittent) distortion at the end of the recording.

I've followed the recording instructions (PCM, 8kHz, 16 bit, mono ) left by many here and around the web, but for the life of me, no idea how to get rid of that sound. It sounds like a sudden windstorm/crunching/blast. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I actually hired someone to professionally record the prompts, but I cannot use them right now until this is solved.
custom recording
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jonathan Robert Lefranois avatar image
Jonathan Robert Lefranois answered ·
Thank you. Oddly enough Audacity is better at compressing these files than Audition, which appears way more complete in terms of software.

Definitely finicky but I seem to have something acceptable now.

Thanks

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Hello, use an Audio editing software like Audacity.  This will allow you to clean up that and re-save the wav file and re-upload.

I do this all the time for removing background noise and that static sometimes that exists

Audacity is a free download and works well.

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces