question

Tara Danley avatar image
Tara Danley asked mary-community-moderator commented

Fax: How do I get faxes sent to my Email?

How do I set up fax to email.  I would like to have a fax number as part of our unlimited plan than when people fax that number it comes into my email.  I can't find how to do that.
faxnotifications
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Laura!

If you are signed into your extension click on the Settings Tab -> Messages & Notifications -> Settings -> Edit

Then a separate window will pop up. Select the Advance Settings option and click on Customize Notifications

1 Like 1 ·
Ruby Lopez avatar image
Ruby Lopez answered mary-community-moderator commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to be able to f ax from my outlook account.
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

laura-schantz15782 avatar image laura-schantz15782 commented ·
Thank you very much for that! 
1 Like 1 ·
david-b-scott avatar image david-b-scott commented ·
My new account doesn't have an "Advanced Settings" Options like you've included in your explanation...my old one is just like yours....looks like they are changing this and not going to be an option...
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hi David,  Can you clarify if you are wanting to send, or receive the faxes via email? Both options are available. 
0 Likes 0 ·
laura-schantz15782 avatar image laura-schantz15782 commented ·
My account doesn't seem to have any of he options you've mentioned in your explanation..I don't see 'Messages and Notifications' option. Any ideas why? Do i need to be on a certain page to see it?
0 Likes 0 ·
You're welcome!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Bill Castiglione avatar image
Bill Castiglione answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I sent a fax via email. How do I know if the fax has been sent?.
1 |3000

clarity-it181 avatar image
clarity-it181 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled too difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to jus.... too difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to just email with a rintoo difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to just email with a ringcentral email like you do with my fax or nextivafax.com; most of the time, I am forwarding an email or creating the email to fax, so it's too much work to go into the Ringcentral account. Also our nextivafax #s never got ported as we emailed 5-10 times.
1 |3000

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
To receive faxes by email, you will need to log in to your account and go to Messages & Notifications > Notifications and enter the email address you wish the fax notifications to go to .  Then, click   Advanced Notification Options and make sure the following boxes are selected. 

Note: If your account is setup to be HIPAA compliant, you will not be able to receive faxes via email. 

You can also send faxes via your email account .Visit:  Sending Fax Messages Using Email
1 |3000

matt-firpo13600 avatar image
matt-firpo13600 answered saadetswift16514 commented
So, if I didn't have that one box checked to "Include attachment with email", am I just out of luck?  Is that file lost in the ethereal?  
5 comments
1 |3000

Hey Matt, you can view our Retention Policy here. If it's within the 30 days, you should still have access to it. 
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-firpo13600 avatar image matt-firpo13600 commented ·
That literally tells me nothing except that RingCentral holds the data.  There's no mention of direct retrieval.  The only time the term "access" is used is in reference to using the API's to develop a method of retrieval.  

Is there a way to retrieve the message without developing an app?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Matt, your previous comment didn't refer to the retrieval process, it was actually a bit vague. What are you trying to accomplish?
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-firpo13600 avatar image matt-firpo13600 commented ·
Apologies. 
I was told I could have a fax sent to my inbox by providing our phone number to the sender. I did this.  I had the email populated.  The fax didn't come through.  I looked around and found this forum thread.

The fax was sent, but I didn't get an email.  Is there a way to retrieve any and all faxes that have been sent to my number, within the retention window, that doesn't involve me developing my own tool?  
0 Likes 0 ·
So there are a few places to view received faxes - all depending upon preference. 

Now, people like this Notification Setting because not only do they receive an email notification that a fax came into their account, but you can adjust it so that when the email notification comes in, a copy of the fax will also be included as an attachment. Again, this is simply another tool - you can view all of your faxes either by logging in online, or via the mobile app, or the desktop app. Whichever you use the most.

Let me know if that helps, because I still feel like I might be missing something that you're trying to get at.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app